Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises - Awesomeness Ends

"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended."
"Ohhh you think darkness is your ally? You merely adapted to the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was only a man. By that time it was nothing to me but blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." 
Bane's voice makes my day! 

With the phenomenon success and positive reviews The Dark Knight Rises ends an era which started in 2005 when Christopher Nolan rebooted Batman film series with Batman Begins. A darker, real-life, emotional and human Batman aka Bruce Wayne became my favourite overnight.


TDKR is the desert served at the end of dinner by Chris Nolan. I feel that people don't like TDKR or have mixed feelings because of some reasons. Like:
  • The film ended with some confusion - Bruce is dead or not like Nolan ended Inception
  • People are still living with Joker by Heath Ledger, and can't see the fact TDKR is Bruce Wayne's story.
TDKR release day was a fun for me, everyone was saying all plexes are houseful including the Cinemax 4th Screen (IMAX's left-over giant screen). But it's a day I must watch it! So finally went to Inox Swabhumi. To make my mouth open wide, there were less than 25 people in the theater and the best part is a kid was sitting beside me and he asked me about TDK, as he did not watched that. I said him about basic brief info of TDK and its link to TDKR. At that moment I thought myself a Batman guru! Wow!

The film ended, and I just miss those days started with Google News search for any spoilers of TDKR. This is the first time I followed a film so thoroughly. A habit develops! Well Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' community writes the obituary:

Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be in the TDKR community, the obsession in your bones. I mean, they understand... partners, spouses, friends... everybody understands - for awhile. Then they want the passionate us to do something we know we can't do: move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send us to watch other movies, action packed, drama, romantic comedies, etc, I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hid the obsession the passion, practive smiling in the mirror and appreciate the other movies. It's like, putting on a mask.

- Fennie Ho (after John Blake)

By the way did not you ask me about the so-late (TDKR released July 20) after-a-month post? I was waiting for the orbituary.

I must share one thing, kind of personal - when I was in Class I at my school (RKM JBS) the first comic pic shared to me by my that-time greatest pal Arijit Biswas. He was awesome painter and made a Batman sketch for me.


No comments: