Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

WinkNet 3G Data Card is Just Another ZTE MF190

Recently one of friend went to Chandni, the tech hub of Kolkata for buying a data card at a low price. There he found some WinkNet branded data card, on the box there is a BSNL logo. He shared this info to me. So as I am interested about data cards I google 'winknet'!

From Google's 1st page results of 'winknet' I came to know that Winknet is a brand of Shyam Networks, a communications solutions provider which recently tied up with BSNL UP to sell their Winknet data cards in India. The reports (Business Standard) also noted that Shyam Networks is a part of Shyam Group which is the second major investor in Sistema Shyam Teleservices (SSTL) which runs CDMA voice and data service provider MTS India.


Fine that's not a problem for me! But from the first page of Google result, one link fueled my interest to do some R&D on Winknet over internet.
The link is http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/India/India_Instruction/201201/P020120105575063920618.pdf

Interesting is not it? Winknet UUZ300 User Manual is hosted over ZTE website!!

Alibaba, Chinese e-commerce site has some links for Winknet UUZ300 suppliers, I got the picture of winknet 3G data card there:
It looks familiar with my Beetel MF190, rebranded from ZTE MF190 !! :O
Over the India section of ZTE website I find this:


From this we can say that Winknet UUZ300 is nothing but another rebranded ZTE MF190, which is kind of popular in India as leading 3G players like Idea and Aircel are selling it!

In Chandni market, there are another new data card - DLINK DWM 156.
Also Huawei E303c is available for Rs 1600+.

Read a worth article covering all data card details - HERE .

No comments: