Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Your Poor Experience With Small E-commerce Site May be Due to Courier Franchisees


Earlier I posted about BookMyWish.com - a small e-commerce site based on Ahmedabad which uses Infibeam's e-commerce platform BuildABazaar. BMW is pretty good, at least that was my first experience. Cheap price + delivery via DTDC - I liked it.

I find that BMW has a unique USP, very low price in Belts, wristwatches with good quality of products (NOT branded and NOT Very Good quality). But these products are ideal for my daily use, which goes rough & tough of my daily work.

My last shopping on BMW did not worked very well. It took 15 days to get the stuff.

Details of my orders: 
  • Order Date: 25.04.2012
  • Expected Shipping Date: 30.04.2012 (as it is saying on their website) 
  • Got the mail on 30th with Shipping Confirmation along with Shipping agent name (DTDC) and tracking code. I checked on May 5th, DTDC website was showing no such track code is in their system!  
  • So I contacted them over the Contact Us page on BMW twice. 
  • No reply, as usual. Worse is they don't share a contact no where I can call and ask about my order.  
  • Today on May 10th I got the order delivered to my house. I checked on DTDC website that it was booked on Tuesday May 08, and reached Kolkataon May 09 and next day delivered. 
I am kind of surprised to see that it is same track code. 

Conclusion: I guess this delay is not a problem created by BMW itself. Probably they booked the package to a franchisee of DTDC (taken that BookMyWish is a small start up). Thus BMW got a track code, which they shared with me. But anyhow that franchiese guys delayed the actual shipment to DTDC.

Update: Got call from BookMyWish.
Contact no of BMW : +91-7940260260

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you are developing an ecommerce site, there are various things that you will want to think about. Have a look at related sites and see how they look and think, and make certain that your style does not run too far from them.

outlet stores online