Pages

Monday, March 05, 2012

TV Release Group Dump Xvid, I Support

I am a BitTorrent user since 2005, and from around 2006 I find that .mkv files offer better quality than .avi releases. Later as I turned more tech geek, found the advantages of X264 over XVID/DIVX codecs. DivX is already abandoned by BitTorrent release groups.

I asked desi releasers - DDR and XRG to rip in .mkv format for small size and better quality. But what they told that many users watch these rips on their DVD players which are not x264 supported and hence they have to keep releasing xvid rips. I also found that DDR is releasing same release in two versions - x264 and xvid for the convenience of the users but x264 rips go to only private trackers. That is not a big problem for me as I am member of most of the desi torrent groups.


Today I came to an article on TorrentFreak which reports that some of TV release rroups dump Xvid and adopt x264 codecs. I welcome this move.

That article also says people go nuts with the decision and there is re-release of x264 rips as Xvid rips.

I feel x264 will be the king of video codecs in coming days due to the fact that 720p rips can be done at around 700 MB - already it is done by YiFY.

So wait till x264 supported DVD players come in the market and it will push to abandon Xvid codec by most rippers and uploaders.

BTW if you using VLC players, please get the version 2.0 - it is better than the early versions. The KM Player is still rocking while Daum PotPlayer, made by the brain behind KMP is going to rise in coming days.

2 comments:

cold pressed oil said...

I have been using castor oil for long term which is very good to treat for acne.

Good gingelly oil has a strong smell when it is opened. The color should be bright brown or gold.

Peanut oil is cholesterol free, which is one of the major factors contributing to complicated heart conditions such as atherosclerosis. Since groundnut oil is used in many different ways..

I have used marachekku ennai from another brand earlier and found them to be quite good. However this oil has a bad smell which affects taste.

ranveer said...

You can get best cold pressed coconut oil from cold pressed coconut oil in india. you can get is easily for your daily cooking or order from standard stores. you can try with this oil next time