Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On Hurry? Give Offline Stores A Try!

Shopping from online sellers are a tricky one. It saves your time a lot, you can order stuffs even at 3 AM of a day. But sometimes whole thing can turn to a nightmare to you, if you are not an tanned shopper.

Recently I made a blog post saying bookmywish did give me a pleasant shopping experience, this site is not that cool compared to pepperfry.com but at the end of the day I got the ordered stuffs delivered quickly. And that's thing people want - A good delivery chain.

But these sites often do not mention their servicable area, and further often they ship with some local couriers and all these lead to break the trust of the customer. Even Flipkart who has the best delivery chain can turn into a horrible shopping experience.

Now I had some issues
with Letsbuy. Once it was due to CCAvenue and once due to their internal problem between warehouse and payment department. But whatever both of problems were solved quickly, within 2-3 days.

I had some issues with MobiKwik.com too, I tried to recharge my BSNL Mobile with 2G data pack Rs 98 and recharge was successful as it was showing on the site, but in reality it did not happen. After a chat with @mobikwik on twitter, the refund came within 4 hours.

Like Timtara.com which has a bad reputation as people are shouting against it, had provided a overall good experience to me. I bought a wrist watch for my brother at a killer deal from Timtara.

Get back to pepperfry.com - they sent mail saying shipping will be done within 3 days! [3 in bold and larger font size]. But after 5 days they did not ship. So I had to catch up Pfry agent on chat and he came up with some excuses. Well excuses may be true, but what's about customer satisfaction or their promises?



Take my word - if you are in some hurry (like Gifting on a special day) never try your hands on online sellers, rather try offline shops near by you. May be it is slightly costly but will save you from tension.

No comments: