Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

My Hands-On With All GSM Data Services in Kolkata

With two 3G modems at hand – ZTE MF190 and Huawei E1550 I tried all available GSM players available at Kolkata circle. I did experimenting with their 2G packs and come to an conclusion that Uninor & BSNL is best at my home place, Barrackpore. I did not try my hands with 3G players, as they are costly and beyond the reach of most users.

Discalimer: This view is absolutely of mine, and based upon
my experience at Barrackpore region. You may see variation of results at place to place.


30-day pack My notes
Aircel UL@Rs98 Speed is not good, d/l speed varies 4-20kBps

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap: 8192Mbps
Airtel 1GB@Rs98 Speed decent, though not stable

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap:  472kbps
BSNL 3GB@Rs98 Speed is good and stable if 3G network is chosen

Network Mode: EDGE/HSDPA, Speed Cap: 240/128kbps
Idea UL@Rs98 (FUP 3GB *) Network sucks, speed is asusual fails to impress me.

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap:  256kbps
Reliance GSM 6GB@Rs99 Speed sucks despite of 3G network automatically chosen, as speed capped at 64kbps!

Network Mode: EDGE/HSDPA, Speed Cap: 64kbps
Tata Docomo 4GB@Rs95

2.5GB @65
Not bad, but varies time to time.

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap: 128/472kbps
Uninor 6000 MB (daily 200MB)@Rs98 Speed is overall good, as it implanted daily cap and keeps the network less congested this way.

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap: 256kbps
Virgin GSM 4GB@Rs96 Similar to Tata Docomo.

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap: 472kbps
Vodafone 1GB@Rs98 Vfn GPRS just fails at my area; speed never went above 10kByte/s!

Network Mode: EDGE, Speed Cap: 2048kbps

>< speed cap is seen by MDMA under QoS.

I also came to know how to unlock MTS MBlaze EVDO Modem (ZTE AC27**). As I got an EVDO modem on my hand, I will do some hands on with available CDMA players at my circle (Reliance, Tata Indicom/Docomo CDMA, Virgin Mobile CDMA, BSNL & MTS India).

I just come to know Virgin Mobile CDMA has been shut down, as in response to my mail, VMI Care informed me that no new CDMA connections will be offered in behalf of VMI. And no OMH Ruim will be provided. Check out Telecomtalk for more details.

1 comment:

ziaurrahaman said...

BUDDY, U ROCK...... THANKS FOR ALL THE INFOS....