MTS India, A Sistema Shyam Company is going to launch its CDMA services in West Bengal, and probably Kolkata in April-June, 2009 !
[ I am telling 'probably Kolkata' beacuse Kolkata and WB telecom circles are different and in MTS website Kolkata is not mentioned. I think to launch services in a metro like Kolkata they don't have proper infrastructure still! ]
-::: FACTS :::-
- Shyam Telelink Limited (STL) is a Joint Venture between India’s Shyam Group and Russian telecom giant Sistema SSA. Later Shyam Telelink Limited, the latest entrant in the Indian telecom space changed its name to Sistema Shyam TeleServices (SSTS). Sistema (LSE: SSA) is the majority share holder in this joint venture.
- On 30th September 2008 Shyam Telelink Limited (STL) launched their CDMA mobile services in the Rajasthan circle under the brand name ‘Rainbow’.
- Rainbow is based on world-class CDMA 1x Based Wireless Network Technology for Voice & Data Services on Mobile & Fixed Wireless Access Equipments supported by longest Reliable (Optical) Transport Network and the latest Switching System leading to Next Generation IMS Family with the most advanced and flexible Intelligent Network (IN).
- STL has licences and spectrum to provide mobile telephony services on the CDMA
platform across the country in 22 circles. Beginning with Jaipur, STL will role out pan- India operations shortly.
- Sistema is the largest public diversified corporation in Russia and the CIS, which manages fast growing companies operating in the consumer services sector and has over 100 million customers. SSTS have a strategic tie-up with Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (MTS: NYSE: MBT) of Russia that will bring the globally acclaimed brand – MTS – to India. MTS is the largest mobile phone operator in Russia and the CIS. Under the terms of the agreement, SSTS will have the right to use the MTS brand in all its marketing communication and advertising in India.
- Sistema Shyam TeleServices (SSTS) has tied up with established players like ZTE, Huawei & Bleu to provide superior handset range & quality to its customers. The company offers pan India roaming facility to all it’s customers.
MTS India launched their CDMA services in Tamilnadu on 26th March,2009 with exclusive offers ! lifetime connection @ Rs 49 only with Rs 10 talktime, and tariff is Local 35p/min to own network and local calls to other network (includes Landlines too) @ 70p/min; STD @ Rs. 1.40/min and all India SMS @ 50p !!
If these make you tempted , hold on ..... they are offering 10,00,000 free mins to own network (150min/day )if you recharge with Rs. 499 Voucher ! and if u calculate u will find with this pack u can call MTS2 MTS free upto their licence end -24.01.2028 !!
Apart from this u can call MTS2 MTS free of cost for 30 days with Rs. 99 Msaver !
So this is the plan for Tamilnadu circle, offered by MTS India.
HOW WILL BE THEIR NUMBERS ??
Kolkata circle 9143x-12345, WB circle : 9153x-12345
They will start services on 30..03.2009 in Kerala ! so Keep your fingers crossed for MTS coming to West Bengal !!
** A Update: MTS India launched in Kerala with the almost same plans of Tamilnadu, so we can expect this attractive & irresistable plans in WB too !!